October 23rd 2008 – Paris
The Islamic Finance Summit combines a high-profile agenda of plenary presentations with case-studies and interactive discussion forum sessions that focus on more specific topics accompanied by special-interest panels and a luncheon.
The key topics for discussion and debate are as follows:
- Integrating Islamic Finance in the mainstream European financial Sector
- Evolution of Shariah-compliant mutual fund industry and Asset Allocation based solutions
- Islamic Finance and product innovation: setting up alternative forms of investment
- Could the next step for Islamic Finance be in retail?
- Working with the regulatory authorities: remaining challenges for the European market
The event will bring together a select group of industry experts including regulators, policy-makers, legal and compliance experts as well as managing directors from the banking sector for this high profile event.
Our distinguished speakers include:
Mohammd Daud Bakar (Shariah Scholar)
Sheikh Esam Ishaq, Director & Shariah Advisor, Discover Islam (Shariah Scholar)
Mohamad Nedal Alchaar, Secretary General, AAOIFI (Accounting and Auditing Organization for Islamic Financial Institutions
Jacques Maire, Senior Vice-president, European and Public Affairs, Mediterranean region & Middle East, Axa
Edouard Fernandez-Bollo, Director, Legal Services and Secretariat, Commission Bancaire / Banque de France
Mehdi Haroun, Partner,, Herbert Smith
Lilian Le Falher, Executive Manager Treasury, Financial Institutions, Syndication and Asset Management, Kuwait Finance House
Ahmed Al Janahi, Deputy Group Chief Executive Officer, Noor Islamic Bank
Kavilash Chawla, Principal, Nur advisors
Arnaud de Bresson, Managing Director, Paris Europlace
Edgar Kresin, Treasurer, Ministry of Finance, Saxony-Anhalt
Alka Banerjee, Vice-president Global Equities, Standard & Poor’s