Posted: 06 Sep 2008 01:31 PM CDT
[ RAMADHAN FOCUS 1429 Part 3 ] – Fasting ( 1 )
THINGS THAT DO NOT BREAK THE FAST
1. Applying eye-drops or antimony (surma).
2. Water entering the ears.
3. Vomiting un-intentionally irrespective of the amount.
4. Swallowing saliva.
5. Ejaculation of semen during sleep(wet dream).
6. Using a miswaak anytime of the day.
7. Breastfeeding the baby.
8. Injections will not break the fast provided that the medicine
9. Smelling any fragrance provided that there are no vapours.
10. Smoke which is inhaled un-intentionally.
FACTORS THAT BREAK THE FAST
1. Eating, drinking, smoking breaks the fast.
2. Sexual intercourse even if there is no ejaculation.
3. Applying of medication into the anus.
4. Eating, drinking deliberately after having eaten
5. Medication and instruments inserted into the woman’s
6. Masturbation will break the fast and it is a sinful act.
7. Ejaculation as a result of caressing and fondling the wife
8. Applying medication into the nostrils. Similarly inhaling
9. Deliberately vomiting. The Hanafis say it must be a
10. Water slipping down the throat whilst performing wudhu even
MAKRUH(undesirable) ACTIONS WHILST FASTING