Al Safeer Group Set to Drive Business Performance With Oracle
Middle East Conglomerate Selects Oracle(R) Retail Applications and Oracle E-Business Suite to Integrate Business Operations and Improve Decision-Making
Last update: 2:00 a.m. EDT Oct. 20, 2008
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates, Oct 20, 2008 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX/ — GITEX TECHNOLOGY WEEK 2008
* Al Safeer Group, a diversified conglomerate with interests in retail, malls, entertainment and real estate across the Middle East region, has selected Oracle(R) Retail applications and the Oracle E-Business Suite to integrate its business operations, improve decision-making and optimise inventory and customer service levels.
* The Oracle Applications will provide a single platform, replacing Al Safeer’s legacy disparate systems, to consolidate all financial and operational information and deliver extensive benefits across the business.
* In addition to the Oracle Retail merchandising, stores and corporate administration applications, Al Safeer is deploying the Oracle E-Business Suite for financial management, human capital management and projects, along with the Oracle Database.
* Oracle Retail applications will enable Al Safeer to coordinate merchandising and supply chain operations, helping to optimise inventory, store and division performance and deliver a better customer shopping experience.
* With enhanced visibility to its retail operations, Al Safeer aims to collaborate more effectively with suppliers, improve tracking of inventory to reduce stock levels in stores and warehouses and improve profitability.
* The Oracle E-Business Suite will help integrate and automate best practices to provide timely and relevant information that will drive effective and faster decision-making around enterprise resource and supply chain management.
* Oracle provides the most comprehensive suite of integrated, global business applications offering Al Safeer the breadth of functionality and level of data it requires to leverage visibility and improve business performance.
* Global business and IT consultancy Satyam is providing consultancy, implementation and training services to Al Safeer for the deployment of the Oracle Applications.
* “Oracle will help enable Al Safeer to improve our business performance by streamlining and integrating processes into a single cohesive enterprise and taking a best-practice approach to managing our information. This can only help us serve our customers better,” said Mahesh Kalwani, Executive Director of Al Safeer Group.
* “Al Safeer’s selection of Oracle Applications will help its decision- makers turn reliable and timely information into insightful and profitable business decisions in order to deliver an enhanced customer experience,” said Patrick Bohannon, Vice President, EMEA, Oracle Retail.
Supporting Resources * Al Safeer Group ( http://www.safeergroup.com/) * Oracle in Retail ( http://www.oracle.com/retail/index.html) * Oracle E-Business Suite ( http://www.oracle.com/applications/e-business-suite.html) http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/al-safeer-group-set-drive/story.aspx?guid=%7BD83D47DE-373A-4263-9ECE-B974009F2B82%7D&dist=hppr