Qatar Shariah Finance Conference all about liquidity
Shariah Finance Conference coming up in April, starring (scroll down) the usual shariah advisors – and the linking of the need for liquidity to SCF can mean not just sovereign wealth funds but direct investments in financial institutions, countertrade directly with governments, and individual corporations – or just plain purchases of Treasuries….
Lots of ways to bring the U.S. government into ownership of SCF assets and Shariah compliance….
Leaders in Islamic Finance 2009
Shaping the future of the Islamic finance industry
April 19 – 21, 2009 · Venue to be confirmed, Doha, Qatar
Islamic finance today
Although expanding at a healthy rate, the Islamic finance industry has failed to maximise its growth potential over recent years.
But since the collapse of conventional banking and capital market systems, global interest in the Islamic finance industry is growing rapidly as financial institutions around the world clamber for liquidity.
An opportunity now exists for the industry to address common problems and work together to help drive the growth of Islamic finance.
This is your chance to be part of an elite group that will help to change the face of Islamic finance when all eyes focus on Qatar for the world’s premier Islamic leadership summit in April 2009.
Leaders in Islamic Finance 2009 – the world’s premier Islamic leadership summit
Join Sharia scholars, central banks, ministers, regulators and financial institution principals to discuss key issues in a friendly and constructive environment.
- Discover the Islamic finance sector’s true level of exposure to the global crisis
- Take the first steps towards standardisation by helping to build a model that guarantees effective regulation and greater transparency
- Find out what structures and frameworks emerging markets will implement to support Islamic finance
- Consider the importance and future direction of Islamic products and vehicles, such as sukuks and Islamic funds
- Learn how to mange long-term risk effectively in a financial arena where many conventional risk management tools are prohibited
- Identify the opportunities for innovative Islamic investment products in 2009 that will maximise ROI
DON’T MISS this year’s exclusive Sharia Open Forum
Ask our panel of leading Sharia scholars about their interpretation of Islamic law and Sharia-compliant finance. Discover the decision-making process behind the latest fatwas and exploit this outstanding opportunity to have your most pressing questions answered by the experts.
2009’s panel includes:
- Sheikh Nizam Yaquby
- Sheikh Mohamed A. Elgari, Professor of Islamic Economics, KING ABDULAZIZ UNIVERSITY
- Dr. Mohammed Burhan Arbouna, Head of Sharia Compliance, UNITED INTERNATIONAL BANK
- Dr. Hussain Hamed Hassan, Chairman, Fatwa & Sharia’ah Supervision Board, DUBAI ISLAMIC BANK